Celebrating 10 Years - Canapés For A Cause
This coming 22nd of June, Communities Assist will be having our annual Canapés For A Cause fundraiser in support for our projects. This year is extra special as we celebrate our 10th birthday!
We would love for your to join us in an evening of gourmet canapés & drinks, live music, auction, raffles and an update on our progress over 10 years.
The function will be held on 22nd of June 2018, 6:30 PM to 9.00pm AEST at Dexus Place, Level 15 Rooftop 1 Farrer Place, Sydney (near Wynyard).
This will be an opportunity to reflect on all that we have achieved together as an NGO since 2008.
Dexus Place is one of Sydney's luxury grade corporate event locations overlooking the CBD. Bring a warm layer so you can enjoy & admire the outdoor view.
Bring your wallets for raffle tickets & auction items!
Dress code: Business Attire / Smart casual
About Communities Assist
Just a little over 10 years ago, CA’s founding members saw the pressing need to provide a safe haven for homeless children in Tanzania. They set about raising much needed money, and in 2008 selected a small farm at the foothills of Mt Kilimanjaro to operate their facility, now known as Rainbow Ridge.
In 2009 building construction commenced and there are now four homes, acommunity hall (Clayton’s Hall), kitchen facilities, amenities and class rooms for the children and staff, set in an agricultural environment.
It has been an incredible journey, and while there have been many challenges and rewards along the way, due to their perseverance and hard work, so much has been achieved.
Some of the significant highlights are:
1. We employ our own staff including child carers, teachers, nurses, child social workers, administration, agricultural workers, all looking after 34 Orphaned or Vulnerable Children, in a safe and caring environment we call “Rainbow Ridge”.
2. The daily management of Rainbow Ridge is now managed by locals, which simplifies day to day activities and creates a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
3. We have held NGO status from the beginning and continue to send around 98% of donations directly to Rainbow Ridge due to our voluntary structure with minimal overheads.
4. We initiate and facilitate on-going development of permaculture practices and outputs giving the community a sense of purpose.
5. Our latest improvement is a new Special Purpose Education Centre (SPEC), to be used for training in agricultural techniques and other more general subjects to ensure sustainability and the on-going development of latest practices.
None of this would have been realized without the generous support of our many loyal donors. We would like to share the 10 years of success with you all.
Remember $50 a week supports a child for a full year.
You can check CA's activities on our Facebook page here.
Managing Director, Communities Assist